A couple of interesting events I thought I'd share with others.
SFCutters is doing an event on Thursday the 28th with a some focus on compression. The author of 'Real World Video Compression' Andy Beach is speaking. I was recently checking out a blog post from him that compares Compressor with some other competing encoding apps that was worth a read. Article points out some weakensses in Compressor, like the poor default deinterlacing and its slowness. Also there will be some training on the oft-neglected LiveType, and there will a presentation by Adobe on Flash CS3, which we have a couple of licenses for at Link. $10 to go and you have to pay online before you go at the link.
There's also a conference October 17 & 18 at the Pacific Film Archives in Berkeley called The Conversation. It's subtitled "The Future of Cinema, Games & Online Video: New Tools/New Distribution/New Rules". Looks like a lot of interesting panels. Only problem is I think it's a bit pricey--$150. How about some non-profit discounts? I guess I could call them and ask.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment