Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good Info on Mac Backup Software

"The Evolving World of Backup"
A few years back I bought my first online book "Taking Control of Mac OS X Backups." I basically just copied my plans for backing up at Link TV from this book. A good $10 purchase.

A new version isn't out yet, but the guy who wrote the book has posted some thoughts about trends in the Mac backup realm. I would have thought that Time Machine would have thinned out the available software (you can't beat free.) But apparently, backup software is proliferating and there are lots of new features coming out.

For example he mentions some workable online backup options, namely involving Amazon's S3. Sounds interesting.

Backup is still very confusing, and it takes a real strategy to handle it thoroughly and efficiently. Until the next version of "Taking Control of Mac OS X Backups" comes out, this article has some of the best backup info that I've seen.

No comments: