"Adobe CS3 First Look & New Public Betas @ NAB"
FXguide says that this includes the public betas for Mac of Premiere Pro and After Effects CS3. Premiere Pro will only run on Intel Macs (not your G5's or G4's.) Suggested retail for the Adobe CS3 Production Premium bundle is $1699 (not bad when you consider that After Effects Pro is $1K.) Here are all the apps you will get with the bundle that will come out officially before October:
After Effects CS3 Professional
Premiere Pro CS3 (Intel Macs Windows Only)
Encore CS3
Photoshop CS3 Extended
Flash CS3 Professional
Illustrator CS3
Soundbooth CS3
Device Central
Ultra CS3 (Windows Only)
OnLocation CS3 (Windows or Bootcamp)
Us Mac folks will miss out on Ultra which is a green/bluescreen software with virtual sets. Also no Mac OnLocation, which is software for capturing and monitoring video direct from cameras over firewire to a computer. Encore is their DVD authoring app, and Soundbooth is a new audio processing app. I don't know what Device Central is.
This is close to the same combined price of After Effects Pro and Photoshop. So a lot of folks who would get those apps are going to end up getting this bundle with a copy of Premiere Pro and all of its associated apps too. This will definitely give Apple some stiff competition if Premiere Pro runs well on Macs.
So the public beta should be a download on 4-16. I didn't check out the public beta for Photoshop CS3, but I understood it was only for registered owners of Photoshop. So I'm guessing that the same would apply for After Effects CS3 and Premiere Pro CS3. However, that doesn't really make sense for Premiere Pro since us Mac folks haven't had a chance to buy a new copy of Premiere in like 5 years.
I haven't edited on Avid in ages, but thought I'd mention the new version of Media Composer and Xpress are finally Universal (means they will run on Mac Intel chips.) Read about the new Aivd software at HD for Indies.
I also found this article on Adobe via HD for Indies.
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment