Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rebel Color Corrector

I was just writing about motion effects tips that I got from Stu Maschwitz and his book "The DV Rebel's Guide." Well Stu also has an interesting approach to using color correction using After Effects. He doesn't like the look achievable with FCP's 3-way color corrector and has authored a plugin Colorista, which I've blogged about before here. That post includes a link to a movie that demonstrates why Colorista is a superior product.

Well you can achieve the same results of Colorista with a free plugin for After Effects called Rebel CC that Stu is giving away at his website for "DV Rebel's Guide. There's also a good tutorial video on using Rebel CC on his website, but to master it I think you would need to read the book. The interface for Rebel CC is not intuitive, which is why it is free and Colorista is $199.

There's also a competing product to Colorista called The Grading Sweet which LAFCPUG did a tutorial on.

No comments: