Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FlipFactory

I just got back from a presentation by a representative of Telestream. Now probably best know for their Flip4Mac, which is how to watch Windows Media on a Mac, Telestream has a long history of transcoding video. We are looking at FlipFactory to deliver video to our playout server at Link TV. Around $20K for the software to transcode from QuickTime to an MPEG-2 file that makes the playout server happy. There's a 15-day trial version, which I need to check out at the TeleStream website. The cheaper Episode line of products from Telestream support transcoding to the Grass Valley playout server, but no other playout servers.

FlipFactory also has some new features for generating RSS feeds for podcasts (as well as all the codec settings for video podcasts.) I was also reminded at the presentation of libsyn.com, which is the cheap way to go for podcast hosting.

No comments: